Kitingforkids Alberni Canal 2017
KITIING FOR KIDS ALBERNI VALLEY 2017
Kiting for kids Alberni Valley 2017 is being hosted by South Port Kiteboarding and is a fundraising event for the BC Children’s Hospital. We are also celebrating the 50th anniversary of the amalgamation of Port Alberni and Alberni townships. We are hosting three events over the summer and they are as follows
May 27TH The Great Foil Challenge
June 17th Kiting in Costume
July 1st Big Air and Freestyle Extravaganza
There are no fees involved to join our event however you must register and sign our waiver to participate. Should you wish to participate we encourage you to go out and gather donations or pledges for your participation as this is the backbone of our fundraising platform. When registering please indicate which events you will be participating in to help us in our planning.
ITS CRITICAL TO REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE at:
Once your registered we will set up a unique page for you on the BC Children’s donation page so you can put up you personal profile information and pictures (if you wish). This is also critical for your sponsors/pledgers to be able to select your name when donating.
Our fundraising format is as follows
Registered Riders to gather pledges for their sponsored participation
- Donations/Pledges will be done through the children’s hospital online donation page provided by the Children’s hospital Foundation. There are links on each event page that brings you to the donation Page…just follow the instructions from there. This will allow us 100% transparency and 100% proceeds to the foundation, it will also allow easy access to those donating to get a tax receipt.
- Riders ensure your registered and tell your donors to select your name on the main donation page so we can track your donations for honorable mentions
- Fundraising Kettles will be at event site for Spectators and By passers to donate
Raffle of items donated by corporate or private sponsors
- Proceeds from the kettles and the raffle will be submitted through the Foundation Page after the final event is held.
- The raffle will be conducted as a draw at the end of our final event. All items up for raffle will be drawn at random. We will have a bucket with a tag identifying the prize drawn, then from a separate bucket we will have a name drawn for that prize and will continue until all prizes are drawn. It will be the prize winner’s responsibility for shipping should it be necessary.
- Tickets will be $10 each and available either online through email & e-transfers or onsite during the events.
- We will be pursuing prizes for the raffle up until the final event and prizes available will be posted on the raffle prize page.
All Corporate/Business sponsors of this event offering either cash donations or prize offerings will receive their logo and a link to their business on our sponsor page/ticker.
Visit http://southportkiteboarding.ca/kiting-for-kids/ for detailed information, prizes for raffles and our current sponsors
We hope to see you here this summer!